Boy, it’s been a while since I last posted! Last week was crazy busy, but I’ll try my best to catch you up!
- Hot, hot, hot. I’m sure everyone else is feeling this, but boy is it hot. I’ve been trying my best to stay strong in the heat, but also stay smart about running. Which means, I’m carrying my handheld water bottle on basically anything over 6 miles. I’m pretty sure my biceps will show evidence of this in a few days
- Track Party Wednesday actually happened on Wednesday! Woohoo! On the schedule was 6×800 @ 3:55. I managed to do them in 3:55, 3:50, 3:50, 3:51, 3:49, 3:43. I’m not going to lie, but this makes me feel good about MCM training! Hopefully, I can keep this up!
- Crazy storms this weekend! Luckily I spent much of the storm in Metro train car, on my way from Foggy Bottom to Cap South, so I had no idea until I emerged! There sure is a lot of damage! My parents & sister
are still without powerfinally have power back. Which is awesome, bc oh yeah, and it’s still HOT. 2.5 days without AC is moooore than enough.
- Made 2 attempts at a long run this weekend. First on Saturday morning- only got to 4ish miles before I called it quits. My legs weren’t into it, and neither was my head. Physically and mentally, I wasn’t ready for a long, hot run. Attempted again on Saturday morning, but didn’t head out until 7:40, and it was quickly starting to heat up. Did about 8, so it was close to the planned 10. It was miles/strides above my attempt on Saturday, just really warm and sunny. Have confirmed that long runs now need to start during the 6am hour.
- My calves have been bothering me a bit, and my shins too, so I thought I should bust out the compression socks again. But since it was above 80 degrees, I figured it was too hot to wear them during my run. So I opted to rock them after. 🙂 It sort of matches, right?
- I’m heading to South Carolina in less than 2 weeks! My friends and I are going down next weekend to spend a few days in Charleston, SC! I’m super excited! I’ve been working on my “beach body” so I’m pretty sure I’m only a few crunches away from perfection. And by crunches, I mean crunches of the chips and guac I’ve been snacking on 🙂 Any suggestions on places to eat/things to do/see while in Charleston are welcome!
- PROBARS! I ordered some ProBars (to split with a friend) and they came! I’m def going to use them as my pre-long run fuel. Although, I read this article the other day, which has me reconsidering breakfast…
- The beginning of July means… official beginning of MCM training! I’m excited, nervous, anxious, terrified, pumped, etc. My training partner and I have decided that our motto for this training cycle will be “No Excuses. Play Like a Champion.” (name the movie- this should be easy)
How has the summer heat been treating you? Are you ready for fall like I am? (well, after my trip to Charleston, of course!)