Hey all! I hope everyone had a great weekend and an even better (or maybe just tolerable?) Monday!
About 2 weeks ago, Claire at Let’s Go On a Living Spree nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I’m super excited and extremely honored! If you haven’t already, def go check it out! She’s so funny, inspiring and has amazing fashion sense!
And with the award, come a few rules I must follow:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you (go check out Claire’s blog!)
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Since I have the first 2 out of the way, I guess this is the point where I share 7 facts about myself. Ooooookay, here goes…
1. The first pet I had as a child was a guinea pig when I was 5. And I made my mom buy a leash for it so I could take it for walks. Poor Hatcher…
2. I can make my shoulders pop out of the socket. When I was in high school, my doctor told not to do it because I’d end up stretching out those muscles. As a 14-year-old, I could not, for the life of me, figure out why that would be a bad thing.
3. Both my parents are from Haiti, so I grew up in a bilingual household. Speaking both English and Haitian-Creole.
4. My sophomore year of college, this guy that lived on my floor convinced me to try cheerleading again (I had done it for 2 years in high school). And then I fell in love with it during my college years. To this day, I still love watching competitions on tv and seeing the level of stunts change!
5. I rarely go a day without eating any candy. Today, I snacked on smarties, a lollipop, some gummy worms and a fire-ball (could only handle one!)
6. When I was younger, I HATED my first name. I always promised myself that the following school year, I would start going by my middle name, Christine. Well, that never happened and I’m still going by Daphne. But its okay, my name has totally grown on me 🙂
7. I started running only outdoor track in high school only because all my friends were doing it, and I didn’t have a spring sport to do. Well, I really enjoyed it and ended up doing cross-country too! And I still love it to this day! Gotta bring it back to the old high school running crew! It was the good kind of peer pressure!
Fascinating, aren’t I? Haha!
A few final rules:
4. Nominate some other blogs you like for this award.
5. Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination
I read so many blogs on the regs, but here are a few that I love!
What was the first pet that you had? Anything unusual?
My sister always wanted a dog, but instead we had parakeets, a gerbil, fish, hermit crabs, hamsters and we even babysat a chinchilla!