I could start off complaining how looooong yesterday was, but that’s mostly false. You see, the federal govt had a 2 hr delay, and thus my office did too ( I dont work for the fed, but we follow their weather closings). My day started at 9am, when i begrudgingly rolled out of bed. I will say, that I think I was a better person yesterday because of it! I’m all for 2-hr-delays EVERYDAY!
I actually did a good amount of work yesterday (but never can accomplish enough), so I’m pretty pleased with that. Around 630pm, I shut down my computer and headed down to the gym in my office building. This gym is creepy beyond belief, but it’s still a free gym with a treadmills, ellipticals, a bike, stair steppers and free weights. Daphne can’t say no to free!
The plan was to get a good 5 miles in on the treadmill. I decided to use the treadmill for 2 reasons : 1) so when my knee starts to hurt, I can hop off immediately without worrying about having to walk home in the cold/dark 2) to get my body used to running in warmer temperatures. The second reason seems legit, if I was in full-on racing condition. Which I’m not. I’m just mostly in denial that I cant run more than 5 miles. Life is so hard.
Anyhow, I hopped on the treadmill, and only managed to make it 2 miles before I had to stop because of tightness in my shin/calf area. I stretched (well tried to, that area is sort of hard to get) and tried hopping on the other treadmill. I figure that maybe it was banked or something (because those treadmills are ooooold) so the next one would be better. But it wasn’t. 😦 I was only able to go for about 5 more minutes before I called it quits. I already have one problem I’m fighting, not ready to deal with another. So I finished up with 25 minutes on the elliptical. Not my ideal workout.
Has anyone else experienced tightness on the side of the shin? What did you do for it?
I trudged home, disappointed and hungry, and quickly warmed up dinner. It was leftover pasta with tempeh. (too hungry for a picture, sorry!) I will admit, I was hesitant to try the tempeh, but I really ended up liking it. The one I bought was already seasoned, but I’ve heard that it takes seasoning well. Then, because I still felt bad for myself, I had 4 oreos and milk. I like to think that the oreos are cancelled out by the goodness of consuming milk. 🙂
While I’m dining, I get this picture text from sister JoAnn-y.
Apparently Joey (my nephew) is obsessed with snow (from our recent 1inch snow fall) and keeps checking the window for “no” (snow). Oh Joey, so silly you are.
And now, Lindsay from Running The Windy City tagged in me in her 11 Random Things Post!
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set out for you in the post you were tagged in
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer in a post
5. Tell the people you tagged them on their blog
6. You have to tag 11 people, not just tag the people reading this…
11 Random Things About Me
- I can pop my shoulders out of the socket
- I used to cheer in high school and college
- My birthday is March 1st, and my Dad’s is the day after (March 2nd)
- I’ve been to Sri Lanka (for work)
- I recently (like 2 weeks ago) tried oatmeal for the first time in like 15 years – and i like it!
- I ate
34 candy canes today (the cherry kind!)
- I like my coffee with milk, lots of milk
- As much as i love candy/sugar, I dont really like baked goods
- I rarely get to work by 9am (but I’m trying!)
- I never eat anything before morning runs (even long runs – i know, its bad)
- I speak 3 languages : English, French (for the most part) and Haitian Creole
1. What is your current food obsession? Oatmeal and tempeh! But not together!
2. What is your favorite movie? Should I be embarrassed to say Bring It On?
3. How do you like to spend your free time? Happy hour?
4. Why do you blog? To hold myself accountable for running and sticking to my training plans! And to get more involved in the running/healthy living community
5. Do you have any pets? Not with me in DC, but at home i have a cray dog named Sasha
6. Sweet or savory? SWEET, for sure!
7. What is your favorite place that you’ve traveled and why? Haiti, because my family is from there, and there’s so much more to the country than what the media shows you.
8. If you could have lunch with any celebrity who would it be and where would you eat? Shalane Flanagan and we’d go to a burger joint (#runnerd)
9. What is one thing you can’t go a day without eating? Candy! 🙂
10. What is your favorite t.v. show? How I Met Your Mother
11. What was your favorite thing to do as a child? Climb the tree in the front yard
- What is your favorite candy?
- Favorite holiday – 4th of July bc its warm or Thanksgiving bc of the spread?
- Coffee or tea?
- Do you feel lost without your cell phone?
- Favorite city in the US?
- City/state you want to visit next?
- What country would you like to travel to right now?
- Are you excited for the Summer Olympics??!!
- What is your favorite breakfast?
- What language do you wish you spoke?
- What’s one tip that transformed your diet/fitness level?
And now I tag…
Stacie @ Racy Stacie
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups
Julia @ C’est La Vie
Carly @ Carly Bananas
Hope you had a SUPER Monday, and your Tuesday is going even better! 3 days until I go to MIAMI!! 🙂