Because I have no idea where this post is really going :)
- NYC Weekend! I’m heading up to the Big Apple tonight to visit friend-Sarah! I haven’t visited her there in about a year, so this visit is long over-due. I’m VERY excited. Although, I am less than pumped for the weather forecast. It’s not terrible, but it’s certainly not the 80 degree, sunny day we’re currently experiencing here in DC.
- Lunch today! I was a bit of a hungry, hungry hippo today, and needed different things to satisfy me. Enter, Smoothie King, Pop Chips and Potbellys. I LOVE the child-size smoothies! They are the perfect amount.
- Apparently I’m terrified of speedwork. I attempted to go out for a tempo run 3 times (2x in the early AM, and once post-work) and something always came up. WTF?! When did I become such a wimp! Must get this out of my system FAST! I finally decided that my “A goal” for the GW Parkway Classic will be 1:25, which is an avg pace of 8:30. Clearly, I’ve got a lot of work to do. But last year, I finished in about 1:27, so I’d be so great to beat that. And the only way to get there is through the speedwork that I’m avoiding. Whomp whomp. Officially 4 weeks to pull my sh*t together.
- Sarah and I didn’t get into the Mt. Washington Road Race! Although that means there’s a gap in my race plans, I’m VERY relieved I will not be racing it. Don’t get me wrong, the feeling of accomplishment that would come from running 7.6 miles uphill would probably be AWESOME. But, during those 7.6 miles (and the 2+ hours that it would probably take me) I would most certainly be cursing myself and Sarah for even coming up with the idea. Maybe next year, when I am more mature and have more confidence in my training abilities…
- Crock-pot Goodness! My mom had an extra crock-pot that she never uses, so I finally decided to cart it off to my apartment. Now that I have this crock-pot, I have no idea what to do with it. So far, I’ve heard pulled pork/chicken, apple butter and roasting chicken (from Maria!). Anything else? What are your favorite crock-pot recipes?
- I’m stupidly excited for snack time. So for my birthday, Kevin gave me a box of 90′s candy. It had some awesome throwback candy from the days of my youth (oh how i miss those days…). I’ve been saving the best for last, and it’s finally time for be to enjoy some POP ROCKS! (haha but not with soda. I was never brave enough to try it. And I’m still not.) And of course, to remain balanced, I’ll have some carrots and tomatoes too. :)
Any fun plans in store for this weekend?
Is anyone else freaking out over the weather? If it’s 80 degrees in MARCH, whats July going to feel like?? I’m scared…