Hi-lo! Missed me much? (that had better be a nod yes…)
Yep, I’m back!
The last several weeks have been SO crazy and busy, and I’ve gone through many ups, downs, emotions, etc. So, instead of boring you with all the nitty-gritty of my life, I’ll share the big ones.
- Marine Corps Marathoning fear. Yep, it’s alive and well. And whats even worse is that I’m fearing my long runs as much as I’m fearing the race. Last year I had the 18 miler from hell, and that broke ALL my confidence. And I’m TERRIFIED its going to happen again. I’m planning to do 16-18 this weekend, so let’s all cross our fingers…
- Long run nutrition. Along the lines of marathoning fear we have the inability to consume food/gels/chews. Yes, I’ve used them in the past, but everything has always messed with my stomach. And I’m not planning on stopping by the port-o-potties this year, so I’ve got to find something that works. So far, I’ve managed to do all my long runs with just a bit of water and gatorade. As much as I would love it, I dont think that’s going to hold me together for all 26.2 miles. Any and all suggestions welcome!
- Roommate transitions! A new roomie moved in in July, old roomie moved out in Aug, another new roomie moved in in Sept. A lot of transition, but it’s all working out!
- Unemployment! Sadly, I was laid off (whomp.) BUT it is certainly a good thing for me. I had been telling myself I need to start job hunting for a while now, so now I have the chance to get SERIOUS about it. And I don’t think I fit with the organization as well as I had in the past. I’m pretty excited about what my next opportunity will be – but hopefully it comes soon! If anyone wants to do a lunch date in DC, let me know! My schedule’s pretty open right now :)
- Ragnar Relay DC! Oh yeah, I joined a team for this year’s race! I saw a tweet, and jumped at the opportunity! I did Ragnar DC last year, and Hood to Coast the year before that, so I’m no newbie to relay races. I am a newbie to a leg that’s long (20 miles total) and sorta hilly. Oh yeah, and its next weekend (realized that on my run today).
As things start to smooth out a bit more, I will certainly be back to (more) regular blogging and blog reading! I miss hearing from you all!!!
Any big things happen to you in the last several weeks?